Educational Options for Parents Webinar
Private School resources:
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) – Find a school.
- Association of Classical Christian Schools – Find a school
- Keystone Christian Education Association (KCEA)
- Education Resource Center from the Commonwealth Foundation.
- Specific posts from the resource center that may be helpful:
- Pa. Homeschooling 101: Legal Requirements
- What is Hybrid Homeschooling?
- Homeschooling Myths and Facts (from a college student who was homeschooled)
- Options and Curriculum Choices for Homeschooling – from Reason.com
- Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA)
- Christian Homeschool Association of Pennsylvania (CHAP)
- Pennsylvania Homeschoolers
- Debrabell.com – Dr. Debra Bell joined us for a webinar on “Suddenly Homeschooling” back in April.
Back on Track ESAs Legislation – Take Action!
Rep. Owlett discussed his “Back on Track” Education Scholarship Accounts legislation to help empower parents in meeting the specific needs of their children this school year. The federal CARES Act designated funding to Pennsylvania for education and these Back on Track ESAs would use this funding to directly help students and parents with education-related needs such as online classes, counseling, tutoring or services for students with special needs. The intent of the legislation is to help low-income families regardless of what school the children attend, whether public, private, charter, cyber or home school.
Click here to learn more about this legislation.
Take Action: Please contact your State Senator and State Representative (use this action alert to do both!) and let’s empower parents to help students get back on track with their education. Visit pafamily.org/backontrack and then invite five friends to do the same!