“For you formed my inward parts; you covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” ~ Psalm 139:13-14a
A sad truth of our culture is that one in five pregnant women will end their baby’s life with an abortion. 40 years of this tragedy has led to over 55 million lives lost due to abortion. Last year alone, more than 30,000 abortions took place right here in Pennsylvania.
A few months ago Billy Graham wrote a letter addressing this tragedy. In it he said,
“Millions of babies have been aborted and our nation seems largely unconcerned….My heart aches for America and its deceived people. The wonderful news is that our Lord is a God of mercy, and He responds to repentance.”
Please join in prayer for His mercy and for repentant hearts this coming year.
· Pray for the many pregnant women who right now are unsure about this life-changing decision. May these unborn children’s lives be saved by His hand through the influence of the body of Christ. Specifically, pray for the power of ultrasound technology used at many pregnancy care centers. Since 2004, Focus on the Family’s Operation Ultrasound has saved more than 146,000 lives!
· Pray for our elected officials to work diligently to save unborn lives. May wisdom and courage be given to these men and women in office and may they pass solid, Godly pro-life laws in the coming year.
· Pray for the body of Christ to continue to voice their support for life and to never stop until we rid ourselves of the evil of abortion. (Psalm 119:33-34) Specifically, thank those attending the March for Life on January 25th.
Acting on our Values
– Get involved with your local Pregnancy Care Center- financially or as a volunteer.
– Call your State Senator and State Representative and ask them to support policies that honor the sanctity of life this legislative session.
– Support an organization leading the fight to protect the sanctity of every human life: Connect with Pennsylvania Family Institute by calling 717-545-0600, visit us online at www.pafamily.org or like us on Facebook.
– Put this year’s Sanctity of Human Life insert in your church bulletin on Sunday: download it at www.pafamily.org/lifeinsert.php