To go with the videos documenting Planned Parenthood’s sale of aborted baby parts, here are nine additional reasons why Pennsylvania should be ending all public funding to Planned Parenthood:
1. Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion provider in Pennsylvania – performing over half of all abortions in the state.
Over 17,000 abortions were performed by Planned Parenthood in PA during 2013 – that’s 48 abortions every day. Eight of the ten largest abortion facilities in PA (by number performed) are Planned Parenthood affiliates.
2. Pennsylvania’s largest abortion provider receives millions in tax dollars.
PA affiliates of Planned Parenthood annually receive millions in taxpayer funding – over $7 million in 2013.
3. At the same time Planned Parenthood receives our tax dollars, their PAC heavily invests in Pennsylvania politics.
They quadrupled their political efforts in 2014, pledging over $1 million to Governor Wolf and other Pennsylvania races – a record spending amount. “We are thrilled to be in the middle of our biggest political operation yet.” – Planned Parenthood PA PAC Executive Director.
4. Not only do they invest resources into politics but Planned Parenthood exploits their patients as political tools.
National Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards said it herself while visiting Pennsylvania last February about “turning our patients into activists” and patching them into Congress to lobby while sitting in the waiting room.
5. Planned Parenthood is big business.
For 2013, Pennsylvania’s three regions of Planned Parenthood reported earnings of $35.8 million in revenue. In patient fees alone for abortion services, we estimate at least $7.3 million in revenue for 2013.
6. Planned Parenthood received complaints from patients of “House of Horrors” abortionist Kermit Gosnell before he was arrested – but did nothing.
The Philadelphia Inquirer reported Planned Parenthood Southeastern Pennsylvania CEO Dayle Steinberg would have women complain to staff about the conditions at Gosnell’s clinic and she simply told them to “report it to the Department of Health.”
7. Planned Parenthood opposed common-sense safety measures to protect women and children.
Following discovery of the Kermit Gosnell “House of Horrors,” PA Act 122 was passed – bringing abortion clinics up to the same medical safety standards as every other surgical facility in the state. Planned Parenthood fought against this act, calling it “dangerous,” “unnecessary,” and “burdensome.”
8. Planned Parenthood is not the only women’s health facility.
According to the Office of Population Affairs for Title X Family Planning, there are 191 other family planning service sites in Pennsylvania that provide women with a range in health care services.
9. Planned Parenthood’s market share on abortion is expanding.
From 2008-2013, the number of annual abortions performed by Planned Parenthood has increased over 1,200. In contrast, over that same time period, abortions statewide have gone down by over 6,600 annually.
It’s time we stop paying Planned Parenthood.
TAKE ACTION: Click here to send PA lawmakers an email today.
Additional ways you can help the cause: pafamily.org/2015/07/eightactions
There are #WomenBetrayed rallies happening today in Allentown, Erie, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, York. For details, visit http://www.womenbetrayed.com/
1) Planned Parenthood uses Partial-Birth Abortions to Sell Baby Parts
2) Second Planned Parenthood Executive Haggles over Baby Parts Prices
3) Human Capital – Episode 1: Planned Parenthood’s Black Market in Baby Parts (graphic)