This Wednesday, August 23rd, Reading School District Board Members (Reading, PA) will vote on a proposal to use your tax dollars to pay for a school office staffed by Planned Parenthood Keystone in charge of sex education.
This proposal would:
1) Have an office in the high school staffed by Planned Parenthood (the largest abortion business in Pennsylvania),
2) Schedule Planned Parenthood to make “classroom presentations on sexual and reproductive health topics,” and,
3) Make “referrals to sexual & reproductive health care services” (there is a Planned Parenthood just two miles from the school that performs hundreds of abortions every year)
If passed, all this will be paid for by you, the taxpayer.
If you don’t want to pay for this, we need your help. Here are four things you can do:
1) Contact Reading School Board Members.
Tell them your tax dollars should not pay for Planned Parenthood personnel in their school. The #1 abortion business should not be on any high school staff – especially on the taxpayers’ dime. You can email each board member using our Citizen Action Center at tinyurl.com/ProtectReadingHS.
2) Use Twitter to message the school superintendent.
Send a “tweet” to Reading’s Superintendent, Dr. Khalid Mumin, that you oppose the use of your taxdollars to pay for Planned Parenthood in this school district.
Here are some sample messages you can use:
.@drmuminrsd Oppose the health center proposal, my taxes shouldn’t pay for Planned Parenthood in your school. #ProtectReadingTeens #RSDproud
.@drmuminrsd Please no Planned Parenthood in RSD. Those teaching sex-ed should not profit when that ed fails. #ProtectReadingTeens #RSDproud
.@drmuminrsd say no to proposed Health Center: the largest abortion business should not staff your school.#ProtectReadingTeens #RSDproud
3) Recruit others to make contacts as well.
If you or anyone you know lives in the City of Reading, please especially encourage them to make their voice heard. To contact by email, click here.
4) Attend the rally this Wednesday.
Plan to come to Reading between 5-7pm as we look to make a statement before the board meeting scheduled at 7pm. For rally details, click here.