Several links below to resources on expressing your faith in school.
As children and college students head back to school, it’s always good to be reminded that religious liberty goes to school too. Please remember that your child has constitutionally-protected religious liberties at school.
Last school year, we dealt with numerous infringements on religious freedom – from students trying to offer Bibles to classmates at lunch in Mechanicsburg
Please remember: Religious speech has the same constitutional protections as non-religious speech. For additional resources:
- Alliance Defending Freedom: K-12 Resources | Colleges and Universities
- US Department of Education: 1) Guidance on Constitutionally Protected Prayer in Public School | 2) Religious Expression in Public Schools
- Gateways to Better Education (Seminar for Parents and Educators – September 20-21 – Details: gogateways.org/pennsylvania)
- See You at the Pole – Wednesday, September 25
- Bring Your Bible to School Day – Thursday, October 3
If you would encounter conflict with your rights to religious freedom in school, contact the Independence Law Center at 717-657-4990.