On Tuesday, April 28, the United States Supreme Court will hear arguments in Obergefell v. Hodges, in which the Court will decide:
1) Does the Fourteenth Amendment require a state to license a marriage between two people of the same sex?
2) Does the Fourteenth Amendment require a state to recognize a marriage between two people of the same sex when their marriage was lawfully licensed and performed out-of-state?
This case is about states being allowed to define marriage as they so choose. States should be able to remain free to make marriage policy. And the U.S. Supreme Court should not impose a redefinition across the country.
There are many involved in defending marriage that need your prayers. For specific people to pray for:
Pray for the attorneys defending marriage on Tuesday April 28th.
1) John J. Bursch – former Michigan Solicitor General, defending the first marriage question.
2) Joseph L. Whalen – an associate solicitor general for Tennessee, defending the second marriage question (recognition).
Pray for the U.S. Supreme Court Justices (9)
1) Chief Justice John G. Roberts
2) Justice Antonin Scalia
3) Justice Anthony M. Kennedy
4) Justice Clarence Thomas
5) Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
6) Justice Stephen G. Breyer
7) Justice Samuel Anthony Alito, Jr.
8) Justice Sonia Sotomayor
9) Justice Elena Kagan
Pray for the Rally to Stand for Marriage (morning of oral arguments – Tuesday April 28 from 10am – 1pm) and all who attend.