Election Day is November 5, 2019.
When you go to the polls on Tuesday, November 5th, you will be voting on a variety of positions. These may include judges, school board, city council, township supervisor, county commissioner, other municipal positions, and ballot questions.
Here are the resources we have to offer to help you be an informed voter!
- We questioned all of the candidates running for judge (Superior Court and county Courts of Common Pleas). Click here for our judicial voter guide.
- There is a statewide ballot question regarding a proposed constitutional amendment. Click here for more information.
The Commonwealth Court just issued a preliminary injunction against the question, so that the votes will not be tallied or certified while the legal challenge is pending.
If you appreciate the Pennsylvania Family Council Voter’s Guide, please consider supporting our efforts with a generous contribution, which can be made securely online at www.pafamily.org/support.
And, please don’t forget to vote on Tuesday, November 5th!
We do not have voter guide information for the 500 Pennsylvania school districts and any school board candidate races. We do recommend asking some of the following questions to any of your school board candidates:
- Do you support requiring signed permission from a parent before a student may participate in sex education classes?
- Do you support requiring transparency to parents for curriculum, including not just curriculum materials, but also videos and printouts shown to students by teachers as well as guest speakers?
- Will you work to protect privacy by keeping separate bathrooms, locker rooms, and overnight rooming arrangements on the basis of sex (as opposed to beliefs about gender)?
- Do you believe a girl’s right to privacy from biological males ceases to exist if the biological male identifies with the opposite sex?
- Do you believe student religious speech is protected by the Constitution and must be treated identically to secular student speech while in public schools?