Election Day is May 21, 2019.
When you go to the polls on Tuesday, May 21st, you will be voting on a variety of positions. These may include judges, school board, city council, township supervisor, county commissioner, other municipal positions, ballot questions, and even special elections for PA State House and State Senate seats, and U.S. House of Representatives.
Here are the resources we have to offer to help you be an informed voter!
- We questioned all of the candidates running for judge (Superior Court and county Courts of Common Pleas). Click here for our judicial voter guide.
- We have voter guides for the four special elections.
- House District 11 (Butler County)
- Senate District 33 (Adams, Cumberland, Franklin, York Counties)
- Senate District 41 (Armstrong, Butler, Indiana, Westmoreland)
- Congressional District 12 (Bradford, Centre, Clinton, Juniata, Lycoming, Mifflin, Northumberland, Perry, Potter, Snyder, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Union, Wyoming Counties)
- Not sure if you live in one of those districts? Use this District Lookup tool.
If you appreciate the Pennsylvania Family Council Voter’s Guide, please consider supporting our efforts with a generous contribution, which can be made securely online at www.pafamily.org/support.
And, please don’t forget to vote on Tuesday, May 21st!
We unfortunately do not have voter guide information for the 500 Pennsylvania school districts and any school board candidate races. We do recommend asking some of the following questions to any of your school board candidates:
- Do you support requiring signed permission from a parent before a student may participate in sex education classes?
- Do you support requiring transparency to parents for curriculum, including not just curriculum materials, but also videos and printouts shown to students by teachers as well as guest speakers?
- Will you work to protect privacy by keeping separate bathrooms, locker rooms, and overnight rooming arrangements on the basis of sex (as opposed to beliefs about gender)?
- Do you believe a girl’s right to privacy from biological males ceases to exist if the biological male identifies with the opposite sex?
- Do you believe student religious speech is protected by the Constitution and must be treated identically to secular student speech while in public schools?