What we’re reading:
- Nevada Lawmakers Reject Govenor’s veto of Domestic Partnership Bill Brendan Riley, CNSNews (1 June, 2009) -Against Govenor Gibbons’ decision, the Nevada Assembly agreed to give domestic partners the same rights concerning “community properties and responsibility for debts” as given to married couples.
- California Public School District Will Force All First Graders to Follow Curriculum that Normalizes Same-Sex Unions Adam Brickley, CNSNews (1 June, 2009) -It is amazing that marriage (between a man and a woman), which has been the “normal” for this world’s entire existence, is suddenly needing to be defended. Why are people trying so hard to normalize something that isn’t natural or “normal”?
- Mayors in Illinois Oppose Gambiling Initiative Nima Reza, CitizenLink (1 June, 2009) -“They are concerned about crime, poverty and addiction-all common repercussions of bringing gambling to a community.”
- Microsoft Search Engine “Bing” Offers Easy Access to Porn Joseph Abrams, FoxNews (2 June, 2009) -In order to unseat Google, this new search engine offers easy access to porn as one of its “features.”
- Pennsylvania Bill Would End Parole for Repeat Violent Offenders Lauren Boyer, TribLive (2 June, 2009) -This bill would “eliminate the possibility of parole for recidivists of violent crimes including incest, rape, aggravated assault, arson and murder.”